Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Green Hornet (2/2): The Review

THE GREEN HORNET: REVIEW


Finally, the review is here. Sorry for taking so long, I had some... projects to do. Sorry if it's boring, uninteresting or hard to follow. I'm not a good reviewer that takes every step to make it look good and sound interesting. I just do it off the top of my head.


---




I just realised the poster says "June 25, 2010". Wtf.


The Green Hornet - The Movie; is based off a character of the same name which has appeared in Comic books and other media. 


The story starts out slightly confusing, with not much relating to "The Green Hornet". In my opinion, "The Green Hornet" kinda sounds like a car. Not much relating to the story.


The main character, played by Seth Rogen, is the lazy-ass son of a millionaire who owns a newspaper called "The Daily Sentinel". One day, his father dies to an allergic reaction to a bee sting. The main character finds out about the news while coming home in a limo. Main Character is devestated by the news.


As the son of the millionaire, he is handed over the newspaper and now owns it. Then, he fires some of his staff. He then goes home to sleep. The next day, he wakes up tasting horrible coffee. Enraged, he goes to find out who made his coffee. He asks the person why it tastes so bad, she replies that she is not the usual coffee maker. She tells him that he fired his coffee maker.


He re-hires the guy, named Kato, played by Jay Chou (ahhh!). He shows Seth how to make the coffee, then they go to the garage. Seth finds out about how awesome the cars there are, and then plots to pull a prank by cutting off the head of his father's statue. They fight off some bad guys after that, then the public think that they are the villains. 


Now, I won't bother giving the plot to the rest of the movie, because that would spoil the surprise and also be quite boring for me as I would remember it off the top of my head.


Jay Chou's English is kinda weird, considering he can barely speak English in real life. But, the way he does so is kinda cool, with the Chinese accent there. His acting is also not bad. Though I have to say, this movie employs the stereotype that all Asians know Kung-fu. 


Seth Rogen's jokes are quite hilarious. This movie has quite alot of good jokes. For comedic factor, I'd give it a 9/10. 


Somehow, I feel that it lacks abit on action. It gets confusing sometimes, and lacks something. For action factor, I'd rate it 7/10


Would I see it again? Yes, I would. I'd see it for maybe another 2 times, before deciding about seeing it again. It is definitely one of those movies which are worth forking out money to see again. Re-watch-ability rating: 8.5/10.


Comedic factor: 9/10
Action factor: 7/10
Re-watch-ability: 8.5/10
Overall: 24.5/30 = 8.16.../10 =(about) 8.2/10


So there you have it. I rate it 8.2/10. And I will be using this system to rate movies from now on, with tweaks depending on the type of movie. In this case, it was an action comedy. Goodbye.


SYAZWAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment