Friday, June 10, 2011

My Dearest Brother

Hais... such a sad feeling. Today, it's 10th June 2011. 364 days since the start of the FIFA World Cup last year. But that's not important. What's important is my brother.

My bro is the left-most one.
This pic was taken last year during the first day of Raya, if you were wondering.

Hais, he's gone for 2 weeks doing his National Service(NS)...

Today, I was supposed to go for lasertag with my friends, thinking that my family would only leave the house at maybe around 11. But unfortunately, they left at 9.50am and I had to cancel my plans. Well, gotta sacrifice it. When we reached the 1st floor lift landing of my block, my bro was partially crying. My sis said, "Don't cry... later I also cry.". And because of that, I too almost cried.

And usually, I don't cry. It was probably just the feeling of knowing that the brother whom I loved so much(No Homo) was gonna be gone for 2 whole weeks away from home. :'(

It was an almost 1 hour MRT ride all the way to Pasir Ris MRT. Took the 2nd bus to the SAF Ferry Terminal which is located very near Changi Airport. I don't get it, why don't they just pick us up from Changi Airport? It's way nearer. So anyways, after that, we took a ferry to Pulau Tekong. I remember them saying, "Please show your ICs." hahah. Now I know how important the Concession Card is.

After we reached there, we were given a tour of the BMTC. And, I found out that my bro was Kestrel company . I was like, "WTF." I really wanted him to be in Jaguar. Later jiwer with my school house. :D K-1 letter= J. So close... >< Nvm, it's okay. Then, we headed to the auditorium for the Opening Address by the BMTC OIC. After that, I saw the enlistees take the oath. It's very similar to the oath I took for my NPCC swearing in ceremony.

I, [NRIC NO.], [FULL NAME]...
[rest of the oath]


Top top top to the top of the world. WORLD. IN GEOGRAPHY RIGHT, YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT WORLD.

We then proceeded to the Mess Hall (I think that's what it was called) and "given a taste of what the enlistees were being given to eat,". CHICKEN RICE! No, it's not a super cheapo one which is very... bleah. It's a nice one. Fuyohh, kenyang teros! After that, it was time to say goodbye to my dearest brother. :'( I'll see him in 2 weeks time.


And just a few weeks ago, he had his graduation. His life has been so meaningful so far and full of events. He's an awesome brother. I really hope that he has memorable experiences in NS and by the end of it, I hope to see him... SAPAU! Boncet jadi sapau. Confirm can beat me! Skali he finish NS, he can run 2.4km faster than me! Sial uh! Anyways, that's all for now. Goodbye readers.


SYAZWAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment