Saturday, March 26, 2011

Kranji Sec Sports Fiesta

Today was just an AWESOME day. I could just keep on thinking about it forever and ever... It's Kranji Secondary School's Sports and Fitness Fiesta. It sounds KINDA lame, but if you know the true story about it, you'll be, well, WOWED. Okay, maybe not wowed uh. I can't make any promises.

Woke up at like, 4.30am. I was like, "Aww man, 4.30? Better go back to sleep.". And I just lay there in bed... until freaking 6am because I couldn't fall asleep again. DAMN. So I then... got out of bed and half-boiled some eggs. Then I went to shower. After shower, eat those eggs. And coffee. Blah blah, take bus and reached school. I was like, "Wah, so empty ah?". Yeah, it WAS kinda empty just now.

According to the letter that we were given, it said that Sec 1 was going first at 7.45. But then nobody went until like, 8.05 or something. And it was the Sec 4s that who were going first. So after the Sec 4 girls, it was the Sec 1 guys turn. At first, I actually thought that the guys and girls would run together. After seeing the sheer size of just the Sec 1 guys, it was probably a good idea to seperate us 2. You know, there would be only a bit of space to run per person. And that would make things slow and put you at a disadvantage.

And that is why it's good to start at the front. Or middle. It would be horrible to start at the back because you just gotta overtake so many people. But you feel so good when you overtake them all. IF you overtake them all. Fud and Rahmmotek were there to support me. Okay, well, more like disturb me.

I started the race thinking that 100% I won't get into top 10. But... I DID! Oh, and past the Chinese temple, I thought that I was actually first. That's because I didn't see any Sec 1 guy in front of me. :P So once I finished the race, I found out that I was actually 5th. So, Azizi was first and Godffrey was 2nd. Jon was 8th. We actually planned to jog together but when the race started, I just didn't feel like it.

Yingli told me that he wasn't in the top 10, but he got a time below 11 min. THAT MEANS that I did 3.2km in LESS THAN 10 MIN. WOO! I feel awesome. Oh yeah, top 10 get a trophy. The trophy definitely motivated me. Here it is:

I'm not showing off, I'm just telling you about my efforts.
I'm actually damn surprised. Last year, P6, I did 1.6km run, 10 min 7 sec. Sec 1, do 3.2km, less than 10 min. I did TWICE the distance in LESS time. That's just awesome.

After the event, there was some games. I played some floorball... twice. I got 2 stickers.. and I found one on the floor, so I took it. Hahahaha. :P After dismissal, go lepak for a while. Awesome day.

SYAZWAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment